Hopefully they might also contain useful pieces of information gleaned from a 2 day ARCR seminar at the Hotel Autentico in Costa Rica - August 28 & 29 2014. The ARCR is primarily seeking to educate, enable and encourage successful residency for English speaking foreigners (mostly from the US, Canada and Europe) into Costa Rica.
Both my wife and I found this an excellent grounding in reality and offered great insight from a wide range of residents, service providers and other specialists that can make your engagement within Costa Rican society as seamless as possible.
Table of Contents Links [easier to navigate since the Blog order displayed seemed to get adjusted by Weebly]
1. Short Introduction to ARCR by Earl
2. You want to ship what???? - Charlie Zeller
3. Jose Carter - all about the laws in Costa Rica
4. A must for integrating into CR life - embrace Spanish: Chris Howard.
5. It's all about achieving Residency : Ryan Piercy.
6. Experience many years living in Costa Rica : Jerry Ledlin
7. Alejandro Piercy. On Costa Rica Culture
8. General information around Medical coverage in Costa Rica
9. Dental care in Costa Rica Ken. Kalenbach.
10. Dr Felipe Herrera : Hospital Metropolitano
11. Ricardo Schaecter. Pan American
12. All about the US Tax laws for Costa Rica residents
13. Internet Telecomms & Computers - the Happy Gringo
14. Banking in Costa Rica
15. Medical Insurance - INS (plus vehicle insurance)
16. Closing Remarks - Terry Renter
I would strongly urge anyone remotely interested in retiring in Costa Rica to make an effort to attend the ARCR Seminar (held on the last Thursday and Friday of every month). Hope you enjoy the notes, feel free to comment/correct and I will edit in any changes as needed.
- a hearty Pura Vida! to all
Click on this Weebly link if you want to set up your own blog :)